I’m so glad you’ve joined our community! I started this blog back in 2010 and it was originally meant to serve as an accountability tool in my debt repayment journey. As you can see, though, it’s morphed into so much more than that over the years.
After paying off $30,000 of debt in two years, I adopted a minimalist lifestyle, decluttered and removed 75% of the belongings in my home, then put myself on a two-year shopping ban. I also took control of my health, lost 30 lbs. and quit drinking alcohol.
Each week, I write a post that sheds some insight on how my decisions to become a more mindful consumer are changing my life – in hopes it might inspire you in your own journey. (I’m also writing a book about it! The Year of Less is due out January 2018.)
Now that you’re signed up, you’ll get*:
- my weekly newsletter filled with mindful musings every Friday
- occasional book or life updates (1-2 per quarter)
*Note: This content is not available on my site. These updates are just between us. :)
To get started, here is a handful of my favourite posts:
- You Weren’t Born to Pay Off Debt and Die
- What’s in Your Intentional Lifestyle Bag?
- Why I (Kinda, Sorta, Sometimes) Hate Calling Myself a Minimalist
- Mindful Eating: What Happened When I Tracked My Food Intake for 60 Days
- The True Cost of Wasting Money on Getting Wasted
If you’re in need of new budgeting resources:
- The Mindful Budgeting 2017 Planner ($35 CAD + shipping)
- The Mindful Budgeting Program ($20 CAD)
- Monthly Budget Template (Free Spreadsheet)
- Align Your Budget With Your Goals and Values (Free Worksheet)
And if you’re looking for more great reads, here is a list of all my friends and favourites.
Talk more soon! :)