I’m so glad you’ve joined our community! Before you start diving deeper into the site, make sure you download your FREE copy of the Align Your Budget worksheet right now.
I started this blog back in 2010 and it was originally meant to serve as an accountability tool in my debt repayment journey. (It also used to be called “Blonde on a Budget”. Oh, the good old days.) As you can see, though, it’s morphed into so much more than that over the years.
After paying off $30,000 of debt in two years, I adopted a minimalist lifestyle, decluttered and removed 75% of the belongings in my home, then put myself on a two-year shopping ban. I also took control of my health, lost 30 lbs. and quit drinking alcohol.
Each week, I write a post that sheds some insight on how my decisions to become a more mindful consumer are changing my life – in hopes it might inspire you in your own journey. (I’m also writing a book about it! The Year of Less is due out January 2018.)
Now that you’re signed up, you’ll get*:
- my weekly newsletter filled with mindful musings every Friday
- occasional book or life updates (1-2 per quarter)
*Note: This content is not available on my site. These updates are just between us. :)
To get started, here is a handful of my favourite posts:
- You Weren’t Born to Pay Off Debt and Die
- The Best Gift My Emergency Fund Has Ever Given Me
- Why I (Kinda, Sorta, Sometimes) Hate Calling Myself a Minimalist
- Mindful Eating: What Happened When I Tracked My Food Intake for 60 Days
- The True Cost of Wasting Money on Getting Wasted
And if you’re looking for more great reads, here is a list of all my friends and favourites.
Talk more soon! :)