Last weekend, I wrote on Gail’s blog that there were only 51 days left in 2013. Now, we’re down to a measly 43! If you’re like me, you’re probably already looking ahead and thinking about what some of your goals might be next year. Honestly, I’m almost done writing a post outlining all of the new projects I want to tackle in 2014 – and it won’t even be posted until the first week of January! But there are still 43 days left in 2013 and, despite a few of the setbacks I’ve faced, I want to finish this year off strong. Here are my goals for the rest of 2013:
1. I want to save $1,000 in my Emergency Fund. My tentative December budget shows that I’ll actually be saving $1,050 between now and December 31st, but $1,000 is the goal; that means I’ll finish 2013 with only $2,250-2,300 in my Emergency Fund. My goal at the beginning of the year was to save $5,000, but multiple moves and a car accident stopped me from being able to accomplish that goal. Anyway, saving $1,000 will help me with next year’s goal of boosting my Emergency Fund to my $10,000 goal.
2. I want to complete at least 4 chapters of CSC. I’ve been feeling pretty swamped lately, and whenever that happens something gets put on the back burner. CSC has been on my back burner for nearly two weeks now and it’s time to take it off. I want to finish 2 chapters in November and another 2-3 chapters in December. At the end of the year, I’ll be able to see how many chapters I have left and come up with a plan to finish the entire course by September. Once CSC is done, I have two more courses to complete to get my… well, I’ll tell you more about that next year!
3. I want to workout twice/week. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been trying to add more and more physical activity to my daily routine. Unfortunately, I’m still not able to run – and the little bit extra I’ve been doing has left me in more pain at night than usual – but I’m so anxious to get the gym back into my routine. Next week, I’m going to talk to my physiotherapist about what types of activities I should/should not be doing, and then I’m going to make sure one activity results in a serious sweat. (Oh, how I miss those endorphins!)
4. I want to blog on weekends only. Other than writing my short TGIF posts on Thursday nights, I want to write my weekly posts on weekends so I have weeknights off to do other things – like these goals!
5. I want to start planning a trip. I wasn’t able to see this until the end of the year, but taking only the odd day off here and there all year has left me feeling as though I’ve been working non-stop. I need a vacation – a week off to do nothing but read and relax! I want to go somewhere warm, so I can spend a few days relaxing in the sun and a few days hiking or snorkelling or surfing. I have no idea where I’m going to go or who I’ll go with, but I’m going to spend the next few weeks mapping out some options.
What do you want to accomplish in the next 43 days?