OMG. Ok, let’s do this. Let’s end May Madness.
Overall, I can’t say I’m surprised about my totals – nor am I surprised about which categories I went over budget. I spent a lot of money this month. $6,000 – poof! Gone. Like magic! Only it doesn’t feel very magical. I’m going to save the Moving category for a post of its own next week, so let’s just look at Expenses.
I travelled a lot this month, so I’m actually surprised my Restaurant budget isn’t higher. My Entertainment budget is what my weekend in Tofino cost me. And Personal Care. Well, let’s just say that I did a little shopping this month. In total, I bought a rain jacket, a hoodie, a sports bra, two books, a poster and frame, and a kettlebell. Bah! Don’t judge me. Now that I’m back in BC, I also forgot that I would have to start paying for MSP (health care) again ($66.50).
Now, you might notice that I didn’t set any money aside for Weddings this month. Instead, I spent a good chunk of what I would have saved. With “The Summer of Weddings” fast-approaching, there were dresses and gifts that needed to be bought. In total, I spent $253.99 on Weddings. Oh, and then I bought myself that flight to San Francisco. All of this is found in Misc./Cash. And now that today is payday, guess what I’m doing? Putting almost all of my paycheque back into my savings accounts, lol.
Goals for this month:
- Move, buy some new furniture, and get all setup – PASS! And have I mentioned that I love my new apartment? I love my new apartment.
- Start running 5x/week (some short runs, some long runs) – FAIL! More on this next month.
- Finish reading Wild and read at least one other book – PASS! It took me a long time to finish Wild, but then I finished Unwasted in one sitting. (Amazing book for anyone, not just us sober folk.)
- Make my final debt repayment (and do a major happy dance) – PASS! Although I haven’t danced yet.
- Enjoy every minute of my weekend away! – PASS! Take me back to Tofino, please.
How did your month finish up?