Ok, it’s no wonder I was feeling sick about my last weekly spending report. I haven’t had a budget go this wrong in a long, long time! But that’s why I’m back on track with budgeting and tracking my daily spending: to see where I’m going wrong and fix it. And there’s a couple no brainers here.
First, my personal care budget went over. Not only did I not buy a pair of boots, like I will eventually need to, but I used part of that budget to buy a new MacBook Pro! While I’m happy with that decision, boots still need to be bought (especially if this rain keeps up).
I am not at all surprised that my Victoria budget went over, or Misc./Cash, but I am pretty sickened at the amount I spent on dining out this month. I don’t think I’ve spent more than $75-85 in months. And in my first month in Toronto I decide to spend $220? That’s going to stop in November.
Now, with all of that behind me, the one overage I can’t complain about this month is my debt repayment. $1,240!? That’s 46.4% of the total money that left my hands this month. Love it. And with the debt repayment plan I worked on last weekend, I will definitely be debt-free by June 8th, 2013!
November’s budget will be tight but I’m excited to see what I can squeeze into it. Now let’s see how October’s goals worked out…
Goals for this month:
- Track my spending and start posting weekly spending reports again – DONE!
- Look for a book club I can join – FAIL! Well, I know of one I can probably join… but one of November’s goals might put that on hold.
- Join a gym (probably Goodlife) – FAIL! Oh gosh, I’m scared of what Travis is going to have to say about that.
- Start counting calories on Lose It! again – DONE! I ate an average of 1,349.5 calories per day and lost some weight. I’m officially down 20.2 lbs!
- Workout at least 3x per week – FAIL! Epic fail, in fact. I think I worked out a total of 4x this month. But, hey, because I don’t have a car, I’m walking every day. Does that count?
Happy Halloween! How was your month?