Wow. I knew I was over budget last month but I didn’t realize quite how far over budget I really was. I did know I was spending a lot on entertainment/eating out, because I went to Vancouver twice in two weeks… but I didn’t know I had spent so much on gas and personal care items.
The good news is I still finished the month without a balance on my credit card. The bad news is I took a little bit out of my savings, to get myself to Vancouver for a job interview earlier this week. But I got to spend some quality time with one of my girlfriends and, while it may not have been an emergency, I don’t regret using a penny of it.
Let’s see what else happened (or didn’t happen) this month.
Goals for this month:
- Track my spending and start posting weekly spending reports again – FAIL! I drafted up my first report and then started doing everything by hand. Oops.
- Continue counting calories on Lose It! – DONE!
- Workout at least 5x per week – DONE!
- Try to eat gluten free, as much as possible – FAIL! I did switch to gluten free pasta but multi-grain bread continues to rule my life. Ahh well.
- Be open to whatever is next… and start moving in that direction! – DONE! This month, I interviewed for a couple different jobs and decided I would be open to moving outside of Victoria for the right opportunity.
How did your month finish up?