My original goal for this month was to put 45% of my take-home income on debt. I’m pleased to say I actually put 46% of my income on my three debts and still somehow came under my total monthly budget by $3.60. (Should’ve picked up an extra coffee!)
What you’re not seeing here is that I actually put $1,550 on my credit card debt this month. The other $500 came from the CRA, when they paid me back from a 2010 tax return reassessment. Now all I need is my 2011 tax return to come and that balance will be in the $700 range!
As for my other goals this month… well, I think they were a little crazy. In fact, one of the things I’m realizing more and more is that I don’t want to deprive myself of anything in life. Everything can be had in moderation. But here’s how I did…
March 2012 Goals:
- No alcohol – FAIL! I drank alcohol 4x this month.
- No take-out coffee – FAIL! I got coffee 7x this month.
- No take-out food – FAIL! I ate out 5x this month.
- Bake these – FAIL! I baked muffins instead.
- Try at least 3 new vegan recipes – DONE! I made muffins, tried a new chili recipe and whipped up a few different salad dressings.
- Save + shop for a new pair of running shoes – FAIL! I spent most of that budget on my gym expenses, while trying to find the right gym for me.
- Workout 3x per week – DONE! I worked out 4-5x every week this month!
- Finish reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – DONE!
- See The Hunger Games movie – DONE! I got to go to the premiere last week!
- Then start reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – DONE! Finished. And I started Mockingjay!
How was your month?