This has been one of the toughest years of my adult life. I’ve been broke, I’ve been really broke, and I’ve been maxed out. At the same time I was maxed out, I considered quitting school. I missed opportunities, I put a few dreams on hold, and I had to let reality be my leader for a while. But now I’m here. And here is somewhere I never thought I’d be.
Rather than focus on the lows, today I want to share some the highlights of my year.
In 2011, I:
- lived in my favourite city (Toronto) for three months
- paid off $4,452 of student debt
- paid for the rest of my education, using the Lifelong Learning Program. (This means I will graduate with zero student debt!)
- paid off $2,300 of credit card debt
- saved $481 in an Emergency Fund
- saved $50 in my very first travel fund
- ran my first (and not my last) 5K
- lost 9 lbs
- landed my dream internship at a personal finance site for women
- started writing a bi-weekly column on a fantastic career website for women
- was happy. Well, by the end, anyway.
Tell me the highlights of your year. :)