December 1st, 2011. How the heck did that happen!? Where did this year go?
This month, I’m planning on putting 26% of my income on debt, spending 29% on my needs and wants, setting aside 39.6% for my potential security deposit and first month’s rent and putting 5.4% in savings.
It’s going to be a tight month, with the holidays as well as searching (and paying) for a place to move into, but I’m hoping it will only add to the buzz of excitement that December usually offers.
So, what does this month hold for me? Well, it should come as no surprise that my goals are more personal than they are financial.
December 2011 Goals:
- Find an apartment (to move in January 1, 2012)
- Finish reading Never Too Late by Gail Vaz-Oxlade
- Get ready to move!
- Hit my “I’ve paid off $10,000 of debt!” mark (-$18,115)
- Increase RRSP contributions from monthly to bi-weekly
- Meet all my school assignment deadlines
- Pay for Christmas with cash
- Start my newest writing gig
- Start reading The Wealthy Barber Returns by David Chilton
- Try to take at least a few days off for myself to breathe, relax, and do whatever I want!
Now, be honest: is it lame or cute that I “decorated” this budget for Christmas? :P