Well, I did it. Kinda. Sorta. I wrote a budget and kept track of all my spending. But I didn’t always stay within it.
Where did I go over?
I saved more for Christmas, with the intention that I would finish my shopping this month. (Almost, but not quite.) My cell phone had some long distance to the US for a call I forgot about. And my girlfriend’s man was visiting from New Zealand, so I joined them for two nights of dancing!
Where did I spend less?
I spent way less on gas than I thought… but I also didn’t go out for any long drives or mini road trips. And I put less than I planned on my credit card debt. I don’t really have an answer as to why except that it may have gone towards one of my nights out instead. Hmm.
What surprised me?
See Misc./Cash? $63.07 of that is from Starbucks/Tim Horton’s. That might sound like a lot but I was seriously expecting that to be at least $100.
Now, let’s see how I did on this month’s goals.
November 2011 Goals:
- Call and request a lower interest rate on my credit card – FAIL! I decided I didn’t want to try this until I had less than -$4,000 on my credit card. Why? I guess to prove that I’m really paying it off? I dunno.
- Find a way to lower my cell phone bill – DONE! It wasn’t by much but I’ll be saving about $10/month.
- Hit my “I’ve paid off $10,000 of debt!” mark (-$18,115) – FAIL! I am close though. Next pay day, I’ll be able to scream this from the rooftops!
- Lower credit card debt to -$4,000 – FAIL! It’s at about -$4,200.
- Make an appt. to increase RRSP contributions from monthly to bi-weekly – DONE! My appointment is on December 9th.
- Finish reading Debt-Free Forever by Gail Vaz-Oxlade – DONE!
- Read Never Too Late by Gail Vaz-Oxlade – STARTED!
- Start looking for a new apartment (to move in January 1, 2012) – DONE! I haven’t found a place to call home yet but I have an appointment to see a condo on Friday.
- Get a haircut (I haven’t had one since February!) – DONE! By 8pm tonight, my hair will finally be cut.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with how this month turned out. And I’m actually looking forward to creating my December budget… weird!? :)
What did you accomplish this month?