Well, here it is: my very first monthly budget. Yes, I’m aware of the irony with the name of my blog… but I had to start sometime, right? ;)
This month, I’m planning on putting 59% of my income on debt, spending 30.2% on my needs and wants, setting aside 5.4% for Christmas and putting 5.4% in savings. I know that’s not nearly the amount I should be putting into savings but this is my final month of not having to pay rent and I want to put every possible penny on debt.
On top of attempting to stick with my first budget, there are a number of other goals I hope to achieve this month.
November 2011 Goals:
- Call and request a lower interest rate on my credit card
- Find a way to lower my cell phone bill
- Hit my “I’ve paid off $10,000 of debt!” mark (-$18,115)
- Lower credit card debt to -$4,000
- Make an appt. to increase RRSP contributions from monthly to bi-weekly
- Finish reading Debt-Free Forever by Gail Vaz-Oxlade
- Read Never Too Late by Gail Vaz-Oxlade
- Start looking for a new apartment (to move in January 1, 2012)
- Get a haircut (I haven’t had one since February!)
What do you hope to accomplish this month? And have you started saving for the holidays?