As you may or may not know, I help curate all the content we share on Rockstar Finance. To find it, I scour hundreds of blogs each week, as well as bookmark things I see people share. In the process, I also come across a lot of thought-provoking articles about intentional living, mindfulness, slowing down, etc. that aren’t always appropriate for Rockstar Finance… but they are a perfect fit here.
I do my best to share this content on Twitter but, if I’m being honest, I’m finding that my anxiety grows every time I log on. Choosing to focus on one thing at a time has been extremely helpful for me this year, in a number of areas of my life. Right now, I’m going to take the focus off feeling like I need to be on social media, and instead put more of my energy back into this blog and our community here.
The first thing I’m going to do is start publishing a short update every Friday, and include links to some of my favourite articles on the topic and/or things that helped me that week. I hope these mindful musings are a breath of fresh air for you, the way they are for me. <3
- Sometimes slow living is busy and stressful. Period.
- Slow living means slowing your mind to the speed of thought, or thoughtfulness.
- I loved this two-part podcast interview series Brooke did with Kevin Janks: (1) The Simple Art of Meditation (2) How to Meditate.
- This is what your anxious brain looks like when you’re meditating.
- I thought about this when searching for a home in Squamish, too.
- We talked about how we measure our self-worth on Budgets and Cents this week.
- And there’s still time to enter my Calm subscription giveaway!
PS – I took the picture in this post from the top viewpoint on the Murrin Park Loop Trail.