Well, let’s get this one over with…
I knew pretty early on in the month that my budget was going to be way, way over this month. After a mini incident at home, I had to find a dentist who could make me a new retainer ASAP. I’m still happy to say I saved what I wanted to save, and paid off the amount of debt I wanted to (plus an extra $25, woo woo!), but pulling from my savings for the new retainer wasn’t fun. Ahh well, guess that’s what it’s there for.
Aside from that, I guess I only went over budget by $172.10 – and almost $50 of that was for an unexpected prescription – so maybe it wasn’t a bad month, after all. I put 23% of my spending towards debt, 23% into savings, and the leftover 54% went towards my daily living expenses. Considering I started 2013 with $6,500 of debt and I’m now sitting at $4,800, I’d say the year is off to a good start!
As for my goals, I passed a couple, failed a couple, and didn’t really pay attention to another. But, you know what? I think I had a pretty good month, overall. So… let’s ignore the fails.
Goals for this month:
- Attempt a No Spend February (Essentials only!) – PASS!? I think a new retainer and a prescription are essentials… right? Hmm.
- Explore Toronto (Walk around, eat a couple meals out, finally go to ROM, etc.) – FAIL! I was scared to spend money this month. And it was really freaking cold in Toronto, this month!
- Track my weekly spending – PASS! I may not have posted them all here but I still tracked my spending.
- Workout at home 3x per week (Because this is a priority for me, this month!) – HA!
- Read 3 books – PASS! This month, I read Blog Inc., Money Rules and Quitter.
How did your month finish up?