Looking back at my November budget post, I remember how excited I felt about the thought of a new month… and now all I’m seeing is red! Before you see red too, remember this: I got an unexpected vacation payout from my last job, this month, which helped me put a little extra on my debt, pay for a flight to NYC and do some shopping too.
My original plan for this month was to put 31.5% of my budget towards debt repayment and 17.5% into savings. With my overages in other areas, I only ended up putting 30% towards my debt and 15% into savings. But I also paid for a few Christmas presents and bought myself a new pillow and some warmer sweaters for winter.
Ready to see a little more red? Let’s see how many of my goals I didn’t cross off my list this month! :P
Other goals for this month:
- Track my spending and continue posting weekly spending reports – PASS!
- Join GoodLife Fitness – FAIL! You all know about that…
- Continue counting calories on Lose It! – PASS! I ate an average of 1,388.8 calories per day. I don’t have a scale but I’m finally wearing my next next size down jeans. And those new sweaters I bought? They were one size down too.
- Workout at least 3x per week – FAIL! Stating the obvious!
- Participate in #NaNoWriMo – PASS/FAIL! I participated but I didn’t write all 50,000 words. I reached 33,000 last weekend and quit. What a fail, right? But I’ve been busy/exhausted all week and sleep just seemed so much more important. (I will write a post about finishing my book, soon.)
Ok, so maybe I was being too hard on myself. That’s about a 50/50 split, for pass/fail! (And did I mention I’ve officially paid off more than $21,000 of debt now!?)
How did your month finish up?