*See that -$50.42 total? I should’ve made it red… my bad! And yes, I was $50 over budget this month.
This month, I had planned on putting 30% of my income on debt, including $300 on my credit card. However, once I saw that my balance was only $500, I knew I wanted to do whatever I could to make sure I wiped it out. That meant no new running shoes but it was worth it. In the end, 35% of my spending was on debt and my credit card now has a $0 balance. I won’t miss having that on my monthly budget!
Another 11% of my spending was put into savings, up 1% from the 10% I was planning on putting away. I stopped saving for the Canadian Personal Finance Conference, when I started fundraising for the Bold Academy, because I won’t be able to go back east if I spend the month of July in Colorado. More on that tomorrow…
The rest of my overages were basically spent on food and take-out coffee. No surprise there! And as for my monthly goals, I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to but am still happy with the things I did do. Check it out:
- Continue counting calories on Lose It! – DONE! I tracked everything I ate this month.
- Workout 4x per week – FAIL! I worked out 3x per week.
- Put $5 into a jar, whenever I workout – DONE! I have $65 in a savings account.
- Finally buy myself a new pair of running shoes – FAIL! But that’s ok.
- Read Mockingjay by Susanne Collins – FAIL! I started reading a few books this month but Mockingjay was shelved; at least for the time being.
How did you do this month?